How Extraction and Dry-Downs Can Save Thousands in Water Damage
The infographic below outlines exactly why it’s so important for homeowners to know about professional water extraction and dry-down options. The key to saving money is to be prepared BEFORE a flood happens. Water damage is incredibly expensive. Even a simple leak left undetected can lead to thousands of dollars worth of damage.
The good news is there are things you can do! Check out the facts about the costs associated with flood damage. Then below the info graphic we’ll tell you exactly how to mitigate the damage, minimize your losses, and preserve the value of your home.
Mitigate the Damage
Homeowners can mitigate or prevent both natural and manmade water damage by taking a few precautions and being prepared to act when disaster strikes.
- Schedule regular leak inspection to ensure your pipes, water heater, plumbing, and drainage system are functioning properly.
- Stop floodwater from entering by constructing barriers and making sure foundations and basement walls are sealed with waterproof compounds.
Minimize Your Losses
The best way to minimize your losses once a flood has occurred is to have the number of an emergency plumbing company handy. For those in the Southern California area that would be Waterworks 911.
- Call for assistance as soon as you have a water problem, be it an overflowing toilet, a water stain on the ceiling, or flooding in your basement. Our experienced staff are on call 24/7 and can advise you on how to safely proceed.
- Move furniture and valuables away from the flood water, if possible.
Preserve the Value of Your Home
With every passing hour the damage is adding up.
- Request water extraction as soon as possible after the flood. Homeowners who have the water professionally extracted immediately after a flood event have the lowest repair and replacement costs from water damage.
- Request a dry-down along with the water extraction, if needed. Be prepared for professional equipment such as industrial dehumidifiers to be in your home for 3 days or more.
- Promptly remove and replace any materials in your home which were permanently damaged by the water or could not be dried out completely. This may include furniture, cabinets, flooring, wallpaper and in some cases drywall. Swift removal of water damaged materials may be necessary to prevent bigger problems such as mold overgrowth.
Contact us today to find out more about our services, schedule a leak inspection, or to mitigate any water damage that may have already occurred in your home. Waterworks 911 is the only contractor you need through the entire process, from the moment the flood occurs to the finishing touches on your home repairs.
We handle all your water extraction needs in the following cities throughout Southern California with both residential and commercial properties including: Los Angeles County and branching out to North Orange County, part of San Bernardino/Riverside counties, and even South Ventura County.